from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A wire or plastic clip for holding sheets of paper together.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A small, folded, wire or plastic device used to hold sheets of paper together.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.