from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The order in which a formation of associated minerals is generated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ordered chronological sequence of mineral formations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of minerals with special reference to their origin.
- n. The formation of minerals in contact, so as to affect one another's development.
- n. The order in which minerals occurring together in rocks and veins have developed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, the origination, in an individual of a given species, of characters due to or in part derived from another species, as in hybridization; hybridism, with reference to the congenital peculiarities of the resulting offspring.
- n. In mineralogy, the association of mineral species with each other with reference to the order and mode of their formation.
- n. In biology: Catagenesis.
A part of the work of this corps is to study the methods of metamorphism and the paragenesis of minerals, and in this connection the chemists do work in the field; but to
Davison and Associates Mineralogical and Geological Services Petrography and Ore Mineralogy Davison and Associates offer integrated mineral exploration and process metallurgy experience with ore microscopy, process mineralogy, thin section petrography, microanalysis, mineral characterization, mineral paragenesis, and rock/ore classification from precious and base metal, rare metal, diamond and industrial mineral deposits and exploration properties.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.