American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The order in which a formation of associated minerals is generated.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, the origination, in an individual of a given species, of characters due to or in part derived from another species, as in hybridization; hybridism, with reference to the congenital peculiarities of the resulting offspring.
- n. In mineralogy, the association of mineral species with each other with reference to the order and mode of their formation.
- n. In biology: Catagenesis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) The science which treats of minerals with special reference to their origin.
- n. The formation of minerals in contact, so as to affect one another's development.
- n. The order in which minerals occurring together in rocks and veins have developed.
- para- + -genesis (Wiktionary)
“A part of the work of this corps is to study the methods of metamorphism and the paragenesis of minerals, and in this connection the chemists do work in the field; but to”
“Davison and Associates Mineralogical and Geological Services Petrography and Ore Mineralogy Davison and Associates offer integrated mineral exploration and process metallurgy experience with ore microscopy, process mineralogy, thin section petrography, microanalysis, mineral characterization, mineral paragenesis, and rock/ore classification from precious and base metal, rare metal, diamond and industrial mineral deposits and exploration properties.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘paragenesis’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for paragenesis.