from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the symmetrical halves of any one of the radii, or spheromeres, of a radiate animal, such as a starfish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the symmetrical halves of any one of the radii, or spheromeres, of a radiate animal, as a starfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology: A radiated part or organ; one of a set of radiating parts arranged like the spokes of a wheel about a common center; an actinomere: correlated with antimere, metamere, etc. The arms or rays of a starfish arc parameres in this sense.
- n. Either half, right or left, of a bilaterally symmetrical animal: now oftener called antimere.
- n. Either half, right or left, of one segment or somite of a bilaterally symmetrical animal.
para- + -mere (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.