from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Situated near or beside the occipital condyle or the occipital bone; paramastoid; applied especially to a process of the skull in some animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated near or beside the occipital condyle or the occipital bone; paramastoid; -- applied especially to a process of the skull in some animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated on the side of the hindhead, or in a lateral occipital position.
- n. A bone of the lateral occipital region of the skull, distinct from other bones, in a fish, for example: by Owen considered as the diapophysis of the occipital vertebra, and identified with the external, lateral, or superior occipital bone of some anatomists, and the mastoid of others. Also called epiotic.
- n. A certain lateral projection of the occipital bone proper; the paroccipital process of the occipital bone, especially when elongated or otherwise conspicuous: in some animals also called mastoid process.
para- + occipital (Wiktionary)