from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A part, portion or share.
- n. Division, sharing; the act of portioning out or dividing up.
- n. The one-time standard practice of the divvying up of artifacts between archaeologists, their patrons and the host territory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Division; the act of dividing or sharing.
- n. Part; portion; share.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Division; partition; the act of dividing or sharing.
- n. Part: portion; share.
From Middle French partage, from partir ("to share"). (Wiktionary)