American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Inducing or facilitating childbirth.
- n. A drug facilitating childbirth.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A medicine, as ergot, which excites uterine action, or facilitates parturition; an oxytocic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A medicine tending to cause parturition, or to give relief in childbearing.
- Latin parturire to desire to bring forth + facere to make. (Wiktionary)
- Latin parturīre, to be in labor; see parturient + -facient. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘parturifacient’.
Terms used in physiology
Looking for tweets for parturifacient.