from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fine, downy wool growing beneath the outer hair of feral Himalayan goats.
- n. A soft fabric made of this wool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a goat, native to Kashmir
- n. the fine wool that grows under the hair of this animal
- n. a soft fabric made from this wool
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as Pushmina.
Persian pashmīne, woolen garment, pashmina, from pashmīn, made of wool, from pashm, wool, down.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Persian پشمینه (pašmine). (Wiktionary)