from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Derived from the name of a country, and designating an inhabitant of the country; gentile.
- adj. Relating to the right of abode in the United Kingdom by having a British parent or grandparent
- n. One who has the right of abode in the United Kingdom by having a British parent or grandparent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Derived from the name of a country, and designating an inhabitant of the country; gentile; -- said of a noun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar, a noun derived from the name of a country, and denoting an inhabitant of that country: as, Latin Troas, a Trojan woman; Latin Macedo, a Macedonian.
- In grammar, of or relating to a family, race, or line of descent; designating a race or nation: applied to a certain class of words.
- Relating to one's fatherland.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who has the right to be considered legally a British citizen (by virtue of the birth of a parent or grandparent)
Latin patria ("fatherland, country"). (Wiktionary)