from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the lives, writings, and doctrines of the Church fathers.
- n. The writings of the Church fathers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the works of the early Christian Church Fathers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That departnent of historical theology which treats of the lives and doctrines of the Fathers of the church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of study which is occupied with the doctrines and writings of the fathers of the Christian church. Also called patrology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of the lives, writings, and doctrines of the Church Fathers
- n. the writings of the early Church Fathers
Sorry, no etymologies found.