from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An enclosed police truck used to convey prisoners.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An enclosed truck used by police to transport prisoners.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large, covered, two-horse wagon belonging to the police force, used to carry prisoners to and from jail and for various other purposes.
- n. A long, uncovered, two-horse wagon used by the fire-insurance patrol to carry men, with tarpaulins, etc., to fires, for the protection of insured goods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. van used by police to transport prisoners
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.