from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who dives in search of mollusks containing pearls.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who dives for pearls.
- n. A dishwasher (person).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who dives for pearl oysters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dives for pearl-oysters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a diver who searches for molluscs containing pearls
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.