from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A louse (of the family Pediculidae)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, same as pedicel.
- n. The leading genus of Pediculidæ, having the thorax distinct from and narrower than the abdomen, and the head conical and contracted at the base.
- n. [lowercase; pl. pediculi (-lī).] A louse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of Pediculidae: true lice infecting humans
Sorry, no etymologies found.