American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An area to the side of an ice-hockey rink in which penalized players wait out the time of their penalties.
- n. ice hockey An enclosed bench where a player must remain for timed period (a penalty) that is assessed after an infraction.
- n. soccer The penalty area.
- n. idiomatic, figuratively A temporary punishment, or, metaphorically, a similar setback (e.g., loss of control, embarrassment, etc.).
- n. (ice hockey) an enclosed bench to the side of an ice-hockey rink for players who are serving time penalties
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘penalty box’.
As the playoffs are on, some Hockey terms, and likely some Canadianisms in here.
Thinking of a better title. This list is about football/soccer. I don't want it to be simply a list of favourite players, clubs, etc. It's more about documenting key moments and concepts in the gam...
Looking for tweets for penalty box.