from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Lepidium, especially the North American species L. virginicum, having small white flowers and pungent foliage and seeds. Also called peppercress, pepperwort.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the pungent herbs of the cruciferous genus Lepidium, especially the garden peppergrass, or garden cress, Lepidium sativum; pepperwort.
- n. The common pillwort of Europe (Pilularia globulifera).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any herb of the cruciferous genus Lepidium, especially the garden peppergrass, or garden cress, Lepidium sativum; -- called also pepperwort. All the species have a pungent flavor.
- n. The common pillwort of Europe (Pilularia globulifera). See pillwort.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any plant of the genus Lepidium.
- n. The pillwort, Pilularia globulifera. See Pilularia and pillwort.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. annual herb used as salad green and garnish
pepper + grass (Wiktionary)