from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of perforate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, specifically, perforant; passing through a perforation: applied to the deep flexor muscles of the fingers or toes. See perforans.
- Of the hand, branches of communication between the deep palmar artery and the dorsal interosseous arteries, through the interosseous spaces.
- Of the thigh, usually four branches of the profunda artery which piercie the adductor muscles to supply the parts at the back of the thigh.
- Of the thorax, branches of the internal mammary which pierce the intercostal muscles to supply the pectoral muscle, skin, and mammary gbnnd.
Sorry, no etymologies found.