American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a long-distance telephone call chargeable only when the caller speaks to an indicated person at the number reached.
- adj. Involving direct communication or contact between persons: a person-to-person interview.
- adj. Such that the caller is only connected and charged if the person he specified is available to speak.
- adj. Such that the lender and borrower are individuals rather than companies.
- adv. (of two persons) in direct encounter
- adj. involving direct communication or contact between persons or parties
“Our mission is to bring student loans to the developing world through the power of person-to-person micro-lending.”
“I mean it really was the real, hard-core organizing work that we think moves folks and wins elections and changes peoples 'lives and is based on person-to-person conversations.”
“As a "Post-Zionist Zionist" who acknowledges many of Israel's national myths but takes great pride in his adopted country nonetheless, Kronish's identity and vocation have been shaped by the idea that there are just two options in the current conflict: You can "be ensconced in despair and stop watching the news" or "avoid 100 years of war and don't let them [Israelis and Palestinians] be enemies" -- at least person-to-person.”
“After a chanced-meeting at an event or an intro via email, I usually reach out for a person-to-person meeting.”
“The world's strife has to be addressed at the most local of levels, he said, person-to-person, block-by-block, place-by- place.”
“A few examples: building person-to-person relationships based on deep respect and connection, offering one's gifts freely for some portion of the day, intentionally doing small acts of kindness, seeking internal clarity through any number of awareness-building practices such as introspection, prayer, or meditation.”
“Biographe is, at its core, is a person-to-person connection.”
“Palin showed no hints she would join the field on Sunday although she again demonstrated her ability to build excitement and practice the person-to-person, retail politics that she clearly loves.”
“Fundamo has a platform that enables the delivery of mobile financial services to unbanked and under-banked customers around the world, including person-to-person payments, airtime top-up, bill payment and branchless banking services.”
“Also you can extract searches based on hash-tag as well as person-to-person conversation, you just need to go to the search page activated by clicking on the search menu whozmans last blog post .. whozman: @MalteseManiac yes, I do.”
Looking for tweets for person-to-person.