from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a long-distance telephone call chargeable only when the caller speaks to an indicated person at the number reached.
- adj. Involving direct communication or contact between persons: a person-to-person interview.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Such that the caller is only connected and charged if the person he specified is available to speak.
- adj. Such that the lender and borrower are individuals rather than companies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (of two persons) in direct encounter
- adj. involving direct communication or contact between persons or parties
Sorry, no etymologies found.