from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rough, knotted woollen cloth, used chiefly for men's overcoats.
- n. A coat made of that material.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rough, knotted woolen cloth, used chiefly for men's overcoats; also, a coat of that material.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of greatcoat formerly fashionable.
- n. The heavy rough-napped woolen cloth of which such greatcoats were made.
Named after Lord Petersham. (Wiktionary)