from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The pewee, or pewit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The moon or moon-goddess.
- n. [l. c] A Cuban fish, Haliperca phœbe. F. Poey.
- n. The water-pewee, or pewit flycatcher, Sayornis fuscus. See cut under pewit.
- n. [lowercase] A serranoid fish, Prionodes phœbe, of the West Indian fauna.
- n. The ninth satellite of Saturn, announced and named by Professor W. H. Pickering, in 1899, as having been found on photographic plates made at Arequipa, in the South American branch of the observatory of Harvard University.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.