American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A unit of illumination equal to one lumen per square centimeter.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A proposed photometric unit equal to an illumination of one lux for one second; one lumen of light-flux applied to a surface of one square meter for one second of time.
- n. Abbreviations of photographic
- n. [lowercase or cap.] of photography.
- n. A photometric unit of illuminance, or luminous flux through an area (symbol ph).
- v. informal to photograph
- n. a unit of illumination equal to 1 lumen per square centimeter; 10,000 phots equal 1 lux
- Coined by André Blondel in 1921. See photo-. (Wiktionary)
- Greek phōs, phōt-, light; see bhā-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In Keylink you now type "phot" and as "Adobe Photoshop CS" is the only entry containing "phot" only this entry is viewed.”
“Reasons not to believe in lies limericks art television video case-study freelancing fund raising humanism phot pseudoscience reviews shopping the 2009 baby boom the media”
“They know to get a vote from the church goers and religious elite they must tout religion and make presence (phot ops) in strategic locations to ensure that vote.”
“I would be very interested in seeing it turned into a functional space station, something that has a use beyond simply being there for a phot-op everytime we send more crew up.”
“So what phot did they print? that of an injured Palestinian, not even the subject of the story!!”
“No-one, I think, needs reminding that phot-ops are a waste of time and a general insult to the intelligence of anyone even contemplating the idea of using their franchise; nor do most people need reminding that so-called "public meetings" are frequently no such thing at all, being instead opportunities for party members to demonstrate that they're not much more than an ugly bunch of performing seals.”
“Including bloodily horrific phot-essays of dead Viet Cong soldiers.”
“She can hold Cambodian babies from now until doomsday but anyone who lives the sort of wretched excess of Jolie and hers have no standing to walk among people living under the conditions of many of the recipients of her phot-ops.”
“May 13, 2010 at 3:05 pm on a more serious matter – how does anyone figure this was phot-shopped?”
“It's obvious from the phot you're running – Hillary STILL doesn't have her head on straight.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘phot’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Unusual, arcane, or obscure units of measure
Just what it says. Words that end in -ot.
Looking for tweets for phot.