from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of making maps or scale drawings from photographs, especially aerial photographs.
- n. The process of making precise measurements by means of photography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the making of precise measurements from photographs
- n. the making of maps from photographs, especially from aerial surveying
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A method of surveying or map making by photography, used also in determining the height and motions of clouds, sea waves, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of forming an orthogonal projection from two perspectives.
- n. The scientific use of the photogrammeter; the taking of photographs for the purpose of constructing there-from the plan and elevation of the points photographed: sometimes loosely used to cover the entire science of constructing the plan and elevation of an object or of a series of points from photographs. See photogrammeter.
Sorry, no etymologies found.