American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving any of various methods by which plates are prepared for printing by means of photography.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting in the mechanical production of pictures by the aid of light, as in photoengraving, photolithography, etc.
- adj. of or relating to any of several methods of printing via a plate which has been prepared photographically, and can contain both text and images
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to, or designating, any photographic process in which a printing surface is obtained without the intervention of hand engraving.
- adj. of or relating to or involving various methods of using photography to make plates for printing
- photo- + mechanical (Wiktionary)
“A colotype, on the other hand, is a photomechanical reproduction of a work of art, such as a poster.”
“[ "Official program — Woman suffrage procession, Washington, D.C. March 3, 1913/Dale."] 1 photomechanical print: color.”
“The latest in lasers are Q-switched Nd: YAG system as the Spectra VRM III, which removes photomechanical pigmented lesions.”
“A notice embodied in the copies by a photomechanical or electronic process so that it ordinarily would appear whenever the work is performed in its entirety may be located:”
“Rosalyn Drexler at the opening, in front of her painting Home Movies, 1963, oil and synthetic polymer with photomechanical, reproductions on canvas,”
“Next, the reflective form was photographed on a Brightype camera to create a photomechanical master.”
“DETROIT PUBLISHING COMPANY [detr] -- about 28,200 glass negatives, glass transparencies, and color photomechanical prints.”
“Soriano set out in this industry at the age of 16 in a photomechanical shop and this experience led him years later to set up Estudios Durero.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘photomechanical’.
I've been saving these words FOR YEARS. Now, I've found Wordie
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
inky sod, spreads like a disease
Looking for tweets for photomechanical.