from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various branchiopod crustaceans having swimming and respiratory appendages that resemble leaves.
- adj. Of or relating to the phyllopods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several branchiopod crustaceans whose appendages resemble leaves
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Phyllopoda. [Also used adjectively.]
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having foliaceous feet; having the limbs expanded and flattened like leaves; specifically, of or pertaining to the Phyllopoda.
- n. A crustacean of the order Phyllopoda.
Sorry, no etymologies found.