Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several nut-pines of the Rocky Mountain region, as Pinus Parryana, P. edulis, and P. monophylla; also, a seed of one of these trees.
- n. In Mexico, the edible seed of Pinus cembroides.
- n. uncountable, countable Any of several North American pines that bear edible seeds (pine nuts), especially Pinus edulis; the nut pine.
- n. countable, uncountable A pine nut.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The edible seed of several species of pine; also, the tree producing such seeds, as Pinus Pinea of Southern Europe, and Pinus Parryana, cembroides, edulis, and monophylla, the nut pines of Western North America.
- n. See monkey's puzzle.
- n. any of several low-growing pines of western North America
- From Spanish piñon (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘piñon’.
Colorado Plateau mot(if)s: Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico
Looking for tweets for piñon.