from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fence of upright pointed pickets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A simple fence made from wooden pickets, connected by horizontal bars.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a fence made of pickets. See def. 2, above.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fence formed of pickets or narrow vertical boards, often pointed, nailed at close intervals to cross-bars or rails supported by posts, into which they are often mortised.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fence made of upright pickets
Sorry, no etymologies found.