from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any butterfly of Pieris and related genera.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any butterfly of the genus Pieris and related genera. See Cabbage butterfly, under cabbage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the lepidopterous family Pieridæ.
- Having the characters of or belonging to the family Pieridæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous pale-colored butterflies having three pairs of well-developed legs
Sorry, no etymologies found.