from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A decorative covering for a pillow on a bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an ornamental covering laid over a pillow when not in use.
- n. a covering to be laid on a pillow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An embroidered or otherwise ornamented cover to be laid over a pillow when not in use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bed linen consisting of a decorative cover for a pillow
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.