from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small nematode worms of the family Oxyuridae that are parasitic on horses, rabbits, and other mammals, especially Enterobius vermicularis, a species that infests the human intestines and rectum. Also called threadworm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several nematode worms, of the family Oxyuridae, that are parasitic to mammals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small nematoid worm (Oxyurus vermicularis), which is parasitic chiefly in the rectum of man. It is most common in children and aged persons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small threadworm or nematoid, Oxyuris vermicularis, infesting the rectum, especially of children. See Ascaridæ, and cut under Oxyuris.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small threadlike worm infesting human intestines and rectum especially in children
Sorry, no etymologies found.