from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a cone shaped spool or bobbin on which thread or yarn is wound used most often for weaving
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quill or reed on which thread or yarn is wound; a bobbin; also, the wound yarn on a weaver's shuttle; also, the reel of a fishing rod.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything that revolves or twists.
- n. The reel attached to a fishing-rod for winding up the line.
- n. A roll of any sort.
- n. A stick for twisting on the nose of refractory horses.
- n. A bobbin; a spool; a reel.
- n. The amount of thread or line wound at one time upon a shuttle or reel.
Sorry, no etymologies found.