from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the tree genus Pistacia, including the pistachio.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The name of a genus of trees, including the tree which bears the pistachio (Pistacia vera), the Mediterranean mastic tree (Pistacia Lentiscus), and the species (Pistacia Terebinthus) which yields Chian or Cyprus turpentine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of trees, of the order Anacardiaceæ and tribe Spondieæ, distinguished as the one apetalous genus of that polypetalous family.
- n. [lowercase] A tree of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dicotyledonous genus of trees of the family Anacardiaceae having drupaceous fruit
From the genus name. (Wiktionary)