from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Formation of a placenta in the uterus.
- n. The type or structure of a placenta.
- n. Botany Arrangement of placentas within the ovary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the local fusion of the embryonic stage of an animal to its parent for physiological exchange to promote the growth and development of the young; involves a placenta in non-egglaying mammals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The mode of formation of the placenta in different animals.
- n. The mode in which the placenta is arranged or composed
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoology: The attachment of the embryo or fetus to the uterus by means of a placenta; uterogestation.
- n. The mode in which this attachment is effected; the manner of the disposition or construction of the placenta: as, deciduate or discoidal Placentation.
- n. In botany, the disposition or arrangement of the placentas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the formation of the placenta in the uterus
- n. arrangement of the ovules in the placenta and of the placentas in the ovary
Sorry, no etymologies found.