from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To electroplate with platinum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To coat with platinum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cover or combine with platinum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To coat with platinum in a fine state of division: as, to platinize the negative plate (silver) of a Smee's battery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. coat with metallic platinum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.