from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the pleura and lungs; pneumonia aggravated by pleurisy.
- n. An infectious febrile disease of cattle, caused by a mycoplasma and characterized by inflammation of the pleura and lungs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. inflammation of the pleura and lungs; a combination of pleurisy and pneumonia, especially a kind of contagious and fatal lung plague of cattle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inflammation of the pleura and lungs; a combination of pleurisy and pneumonia, esp. a kind of contagions and fatal lung plague of cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A specific contagious disease, peculiar to cattle, affecting the lungs and the pleura, supposed to be caused by some form of micro-organism.
- n. In medicine, pleurisy combined with pneumonia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pleurisy and pneumonia
pleuro- + pneumonia (Wiktionary)