from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving the lungs and the stomach.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the lungs and the stomach
- adj. vagus (attributive)
- n. The pneumogastric nerve; one of the tenth pair of cranial nerves which are distributed to the pharynx, esophagus, larynx, lungs, heart, stomach, liver, and spleen, and, in fishes and many amphibia, to the branchial apparatus and also to the sides of the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the lungs and the stomach.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the lungs and the stomach, or to the functions of respiration and digestion: specifically, in anatomy, noting several nervous structures
- n. The pneumogastric nerve. See vagus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the vagus nerve
- adj. of or relating to or involving the lungs and stomach
- n. a mixed nerve that supplies the pharynx and larynx and lungs and heart and esophagus and stomach and most of the abdominal viscera
pneumo- + gastric (Wiktionary)