American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A strong stick with footrests and a heavy spring set into the bottom end, used to propel oneself along the ground by hopping.
- n. A toy, used for hopping up and down on, consisting of a pole with a T-bar handle at one end, and spring-loaded footpads on the other.
- n. plaything consisting of a pole with foot rests and a strong spring; propelled by jumping
- Unknown. Perhaps from the motion. (Wiktionary)
- From Pogo, a former trademark. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pogo stick’.
With bows of great respect to Connie Willis, author of "Bellwether" and other wonderful books.
macaw shipment, macerate sewage s..., macerate sewage s..., machine code, machine cycle, machine language, machine making, machine manufacture, machine rate, machine time, macroeconomic goal, macroeconomic policy and 5152 more...
"A trademark is any word, name, symbol, or design, or any combination thereof, used in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from those of another and to indi...
Classic Children's Toys and Games and Amusements
Trademarks that have lost their character as indicators of source to become a general term for a product or service.
Highlighting the best toy names ever.
Looking for tweets for pogo stick.