from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system of evaluating academic achievement based on grade points.
- n. Any of various printing or writing systems for the blind, such as Braille, that use an alphabet of raised symbols or dots that correspond to letters.
- n. Printing A system of graduating sizes of type in multiples of the point.
- n. A system of penalizing drivers of motor vehicles for traffic violations by assigning points for each type of violation and revoking the driver's license if a certain number of points are accrued.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a system of writing or printing using patterns of raised dots that can be read by touch
- n. a system of graduating sizes of type in multiples of the point
- n. a system of evaluation based on awarding points according to rules
Sorry, no etymologies found.