Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A point or sharp instrument; especially, such an instrument used in writing; in the middle ages, a style used with ivory tablets or for writing on a soft surface, as of wax.
- n. Any sharp-pointed thing resembling a pencil, as the pistil of a plant. Also pointed.
- n. A pavement formed of materials of a lozenge shape, or of squares set diagonally.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See pointal.
- n. a tool used by an engraver
- Blend of point and voxel? (Wiktionary)
“A greffe is properly called a pointel to write in tables of wax, by which he suffered death.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pointel’.
Objects like needles and spines whose tips are drawn to a fine point.
I'm especially fond of ones written by Charles Sanders Peirce.
Looking for tweets for pointel.