from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man in charge of railroad points or switches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who has charge of railroad points or switches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who has charge of the points or switches on a railway; a switchman.
- n. In grouse-shooting, a driver stationed on the flank of the line of a drive, to turn the birds toward the guns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a policeman stationed at an intersection to direct traffic
points + man (Wiktionary)