from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing something that possesses a distinctive polarization.
- adj. Describing a group or situation characterized by being at two (or more) extremes.
- adj. Alternative spelling of polarised.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of polarize.
- v. Alternative spelling of polarised.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having polarization; affected by polarization: as, polarized light; polarized radiant heat.
- In electricity, having the surface covered with a film of gas, as the negative plate of a simple voltaic cell (with hydrogen) after a brief use.
- Also spelled polarised.
Sorry, no etymologies found.