American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or supporting broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
- adj. Being or perceived as being overconcerned with such change, often to the exclusion of other matters.
- adj. sometimes pejorative, of language Avoiding offense based on demographics especially race, sex, religion, ideology, sexuality, or social grouping
- adj. Used other than as an idiom.
- adj. exhibiting political correctness
“And the more his critics carped, the more those critics played into the role he’d written for them-a band of out-of-touch, tax-and-spend, blame-America-first, politically correct elites.”
““What disturbs me,” writes Jack Tucker from somewhere in cyberspace, “is the politically correct way that Senator Joseph Lieberman has to be referred to on television: ‘a Jewish person.’”
“If you have a specific cause for a short timetheres a local tornado in Omaha or a tsunami far awayits both humane and politically correct to respond.”
“I believe in evolution, scientific inquiry, and global warming; I believe in free speech, whether politically correct or politically incorrect, and I am suspicious of using government to impose anybody’s religious beliefs-including my own-on nonbelievers.”
“Go save that politically correct speech for the Harlem Boys Choir.”
“It was an open secret that Hilliard’s disability gave him a politically correct edge with them, though it clearly wasn’t intended.”
“Judge Hoffmeier’s mouth’s flattened to a politically correct line of disapproval.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘politically correct’.
Adjectives contained by the constraints of manner, place and time. An ultimately purposeless but dramatically different and profoundly useful list...
equally straightf..., genuinely democratic, implacably hostile, characteristicall..., painfully difficult, increasingly unne..., increasingly unav..., slightly dangerous, profoundly deaf, perfectly normal, equally irrespons..., ravishingly splendid and 720 more...
Looking for tweets for politically correct.