from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mass of coherent pollen grains, found in the flowers of orchids and milkweeds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coherent mass of pollen, as in the milkweed and most orchids, which is dispersed as a single unit during pollination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coherent mass of pollen, as in the milkweed and most orchids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, an agglutinated mass or body of pollengrains, composed of all the grains of an anthercell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coherent mass of pollen grains (as in orchids)
New Latin, from pollen, pollin-, pollen; see pollinate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)