from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or determined by polygenes: polygenic inheritance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. controlled by the interaction of more than one gene
- adj. having an infinite number of derivatives at a point (otherwise it is monogenic)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to polygeny; polygenetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as polygenous, Fallows.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an inheritable character that is controlled by several genes at once; of or related to or determined by polygenes
poly- + -genic (Wiktionary)