from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having separate petals, as on the corolla of a rose or carnation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a corolla composed of distinct, separable petals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or having, several or many separate petals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having two or more separate petals: as, a polypetalous corolla. Also apopetalous, dialypetalous, choripetalous. See cut under corolla.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a corolla composed of many separated or distinct petals
Sorry, no etymologies found.