from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeding on many different kinds of food: polyphagous insects or birds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eating many types of food.
- adj. Having many host plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eating, or subsisting on, many kinds of food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eating many different kinds of food; almost pamphagous or omnivorous; not monophagous.
- Specifically, of certain animal parasites, requiring more than one host in order to complete their life-cycle: contrasted with monophagous, 2.
From poly- + -phagous. (Wiktionary)