from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing many offspring in a single birth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Giving birth to multiple offspring at the same time; multiparous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing fruit repeatedly, as most perennial plants; polycarpic.
- adj. Producing many or young.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing many or several at a birth; multiparous. Also polytokous, polyparous.
- In botany, fruiting year after year, as perennials: a term proposed by Gray in place of De Candolle's polycarpous.
Greek polutokos, bearing many offspring : polu-, poly- + tokos, offspring, birth; see tek- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)