from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various submerged or floating aquatic plants of the genus Potamogeton having inconspicuous flowers borne in small spikes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any plant of the genus Potamogeton, that grows in ponds or similar aquatic conditions; extended to other similar plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any aquatic plant of the genus Potamogeton, of which many species are found in ponds or slow-moving rivers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An aquatic herb of the genus Potamogeton, found in numerous Species in both he mispheres.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. submerged freshwater perennials
- n. any of several submerged or floating freshwater perennial aquatic weeds belonging to the family Potamogetonaceae
pond + weed (Wiktionary)