from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having possession.
- adj. Law Depending on or arising from possession: possessory interest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, having or arising from possession
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to possession, either as a fact or a right; of the nature of possession
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to possession.
- Having possession: as, a possessory lord.
- In law, arising from possession: as, a possessory interest.
Sorry, no etymologies found.