from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A copper and lead alloy, formerly used in making plumbing fixtures.
- n. A cast iron used especially in making pots.
- n. An inexpensive alloy of poor quality, usually containing lead, used especially in making castings: cheap jewelery made from plated pot metal.
- n. Glass melted in a pot.
- n. Glass colored by being mixed with melted stained glass in a pot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of stained glass, the colors of which are incorporated with the melted glass in the pot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cast iron used for making cooking wares
- n. an alloy of copper and lead used especially for making large pots
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.