American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A copper and lead alloy, formerly used in making plumbing fixtures.
- n. A cast iron used especially in making pots.
- n. An inexpensive alloy of poor quality, usually containing lead, used especially in making castings: cheap jewelery made from plated pot metal.
- n. Glass melted in a pot.
- n. Glass colored by being mixed with melted stained glass in a pot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of stained glass, the colors of which are incorporated with the melted glass in the pot.
- n. cast iron used for making cooking wares
- n. an alloy of copper and lead used especially for making large pots
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘pot metal’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for pot metal.