from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a pot can hold.
- n. Informal A large amount: made a potful of money on the horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. as much as a pot will hold
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The contents of a pot; as much as a pot can hold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quantity contained in a pot
pot + -ful (Wiktionary)