from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The symbol (£) for a unit of currency, especially the pound sterling.
- n. The symbol (#) for a pound as a unit of weight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The symbol £ representing the pound sterling.
- n. The symbol # on a telephone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain)
Sorry, no etymologies found.