from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a precedent; not novel
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of precedent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a precedent; authorized or sanctioned by an example of a like kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Authorized by precedent; in accordance with precedent or established custom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or supported or justified by a precedent
c. 1650 precedent + -ed, possibly a back-formation from unprecedented (Wiktionary)